A new vision for a new reality
4 September, 17.00 – 18.20, Bled Festival Hall
Instability, poor development, environmental changes and conflict situations cause grave human suffering and result in violations of basic human dignity, social stability, peace and international law. To avoid this, people need to be put first. Long-term global peace, stability and sustainable development can be achieved only through result-oriented and enduring dialogue, taking into account the basic values, norms and principles enshrined in the UN Charter. Everybody deserves a better future.
- H.E. Shri M. J. Akbar, Minister of State for External Affairs, Government of India
- H.E. Mr Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey
- H.E. Msgr. Paul Richard Gallagher, Secretary for Relations with States, Secretariat of State, Vatican
- Mr Aleksey Yurievich Meshkov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
- H.E. Mr Péter Szijjártó, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary
- Ms Patti Londońo Jaramillo, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Colombia
Moderator: Dr Nik Gowing, International Broadcaster and Visiting Professor, King’s College, United Kingdom
To download the session backgrounder click here.