The role of innovation in a new reality
5 September, 11.00 – 12.30, Hotel Golf, Concordia Hall
The panel will address the role of innovation in its broadest sense. The innovation movement is growing and acquiring global dimensions, and the new reality requires genuine efforts to achieve sustainability. Technological innovations are the most visible and disruptive, but they are insufficient to drive the overall change. However, they can act as a trigger. Transformation in its broadest and real sense entails changing both the mind-set and culture in a particular organisation or society as a whole. For this, social innovations are needed.
What role does innovation play in the new reality and how does it manifest itself? How and to what extent are organisations embracing innovation, and what is the impact of innovation in the light of competitiveness? What are the catalysts for shifting the mind-set from focusing on stability/certainty to experimentation as a constant learning process and recognising the importance of the culture of failure? How can we establish and nurture partnerships between various fields, organisations, and countries? How can we build trust as a prerequisite for successful social innovations and forward-looking optimism? Do we have the ability and courage to step out of our comfort zone and deliver better and more?
- Mr Ranko Jelača, Member of the Management Board of Telekom Slovenije, Slovenia
- Ms Sirpa Kekkonen, Head of Government Strategy Secretariat at the Prime Minister’s Office, Finland
- Mr Boris Koprivnikar, Minister of Public Administration of the Republic of Slovenia
- Mr Michael Lau, Senior Wealth Management Manager at AIA International, China
- Dr Mark Pleško, Co-founder and CEOat Cosylab, Control System Laboratory, Slovenia
- Mr Gregor Potočar, Managing Director at SAP Slovenija, Slovenia
- Mr Robert Trnovec, Director General at Microsoft, Slovenia
- Mr Junji Tsuda, Representative Director and Chairman of the Board at Yaskawa Electric Corporation, Japan
Moderator: Mr Marco Steinberg, Founder and CEO of Snowcone & Haystack, Finland
To download the session backgrounder click here.