The collaborative economy: sharing, cooperation or simply business?
5 September, 10.00 – 12.30, Grand Hotel Toplice, Grand Hall
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is dawning, bringing change to us all. Consumer behaviour already depends heavily on access to online networks and data, compelling the tourism industry to operate in the context of a new reality, while global supply and demand are more interconnected now than at any other point in human history. The modern technology platforms that connect supply and demand now serve as accommodation providers, tour operators, taxi drivers, tour guides, and restaurants.
This collaborative economy is causing profound shifts in tourism. The needs, wishes, and motivations of consumers, which are at the centre of attention in designing and marketing tourist products, have changed considerably. In cooperation with experts in this field and partners from the tourism industry, we will address the question of what the fair rules of the game are for all tourism stakeholders in the existing system and how to establish effective cooperation to the benefit of all, and we will also take stock of some solutions and adaptations proposed at the national level.
Opening remarks: Mr Zdravko Počivalšek, Minister of Economic Development and Technology of the Republic of Slovenia
Opening remarks: Ms Maja Pak, Director General of the Slovenian Tourist Board, Slovenia
Keynote speaker: Mr Manolis Psarros, CEO of Toposophy, Greece
- Mr Christian de Barrin, CEO of HOTREC – Hotels, Restaurants and Cafés in Europe, Belgium
- Mr Klemens Himpele, Head of Municipal Department for Economic Affairs, Labour and Statistics at City of Vienna, Austria
- Dr Janja Hojnik, Professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Ms Eva Štravs Podlogar, State secretary at the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology of the Republic of Slovenia
- Mr Carlos Villaro Lassen, Secretary General of the European Holiday Home Association, Denmark
- Ms Daniela Wagner, Director for Europe, Middle East and Africa at PATA – Pacific Asia Travel Association, United Kingdom
Moderator: Mr Igor E. Bergant, Anchorman at Radio-television Slovenia (RTV), Slovenia
To download the session backgrounder click here.
In partnership with: